PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2020, 14:08
dr dre

Received 351 Likes on 191 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
WA Premier on the Channel 7 news tonight said the WA border may stay shut until 2022. 85 percent of West Australians support this. Clive Palmer his not popular here!!
Totally blown out of proportion. That was not said.

McGowan said the border re-opening would depend on the reduction of community spread in other states. He refused to put a date on when that would happen. It could be by Christmas or mid next year. Nowhere was a timeframe of 2022 mentioned. Also it could involve re-opening travel to certain jurisdictions only. 85% of West Australian’s support the Premiers current actions on closing the border at the moment, not until 2022.

Originally Posted by SOPS
With an election coming up.. and his current popularity, i think he will be there. I’m a Liberal voter.. but I think the WA libs are now dead in the water. Liza Harvey ( WA Liberal leader ) has done nothing but upset the bulk of the WA population.
All the avowed Liberal Party supporters I’ve spoken to lately have stated they’ll be voting for McGowan next state election. Barring some upcoming shock next March’s WA state election will be one of the most lop sided in Australian history. The WA government attitude to the border won’t be changing with a change of government, it’ll come with a decrease in the pandemic on the east coast.

Last edited by dr dre; 8th Aug 2020 at 14:20.