PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2020, 11:38
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TURIN
Unite represent far more than just CC.
160 Eng staff have taken VR gods knows how many more are being made CR this weekend!
Turin you are right of course and my sympathies go out to them too. I only feel able to comment on CC as I know the detail and have first hand experience of the BASSA reps - crew have been badly let down by them (again) imo and they have never taken a pragmatic approach. The days of BASSA holding the senior management of BA to ransom are long gone and they simply haven’t adapted their approach to take account of this. Bully tactics of BASSA just don’t work anymore and they willl need to take a long hard look in the mirror at how many of these job losses can be attributed to them. I’m not saying BA’s approach has been right (far from it) but a strategy of no engagement, refusing to accept the reality and advising members not to talk was crazy. As I said, BALPA have hardly got their desired outcome but it could have been a lot worse ! BASSA/Unite now saying give us the pilots deal is a bit late and a bit ironic - had they engaged (like BALPA) maybe they would have got something a bit more like that hard fought deal.