PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 23:04
Flyboy1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Servo
That's the thing Sunfish, I don't have any other skills. Zero. Interests in computers and networking, but zero qualifications and experience. If I get a job stacking shelves, I lose the jobkeeper and get paid less as well. Not to mention all jobs have been filled by others in the same position.

I could shoot an email with my CV to Alliance, along with the other 400 pilots just let go from VA, half of which have an E-Jet endorsement. Don't know anyone well enough to ask them to put it on the Chief pilot's desk. There are not many job's out there. Certainly wont be anything that is going to pay the mortgage and car.

If I take VR, the money would last 6-12 months with nothing on the horizon in aviation, worldwide.

I can see why it leads to some thinking there is not alternative but to leave this world. All brought about by poor Exec management and a black swan event.
come on mate, chin up.
All may seem lost, but something usually comes up for most people.

For anyone that ever made it to an airline, it shows how much perseverance and determination you once had.

There’s more to life than going to work and making money, especially at the moment.
Try and maintain a positive attitude, and keep an eye out, other opportunities will present them self.