PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 22:32
Servo

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
My gut feel - not recommendation, is that if I was in the position of VB staff, I would not be waiting around for the that tap on the shoulder from the new owners. I would be looking for something new and VB coming up with an offer would be an extra present.

This is based on my own experience. 18 months unemployed in 89/90. I spent 12 months of that chasing willow the whisp “opportunities “ put to me by “friends” that were a waste of time, to put it politely. If I were Virgin staff, I would kiss it goodbye, look for something else and then be pleasantly surprised if Virgin/Bain knocked on the door.

The alternative is sitting at home, getting depressed while you wait for the phone to ring. It won’t. Get out and think of something else. it’s healthier and might be more profitable.

Whatever you do, don’t let the grass grow under your feet. Forget VB until they come for you with $$$.
That's the thing Sunfish, I don't have any other skills. Zero. Interests in computers and networking, but zero qualifications and experience. If I get a job stacking shelves, I lose the jobkeeper and get paid less as well. Not to mention all jobs have been filled by others in the same position.

I could shoot an email with my CV to Alliance, along with the other 400 pilots just let go from VA, half of which have an E-Jet endorsement. Don't know anyone well enough to ask them to put it on the Chief pilot's desk. There are not many job's out there. Certainly wont be anything that is going to pay the mortgage and car.

If I take VR, the money would last 6-12 months with nothing on the horizon in aviation, worldwide.

I can see why it leads to some thinking there is not alternative but to leave this world. All brought about by poor Exec management and a black swan event.