PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2020, 09:06
Wallsendmag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ash666
The airport has released 76 members of seasonal staff from their contracts early due to the drop in passenger numbers - and is now looking to cut 34 permanent roles.
Quote:
A spokesperson for the airport said: "Despite the recent return of some scheduled flights to Newcastle International Airport, the outlook for aviation following the Covid-19 crisis remains very uncertain, and we do not expect to restore pre-crisis levels of business until 2022 at the earliest..
-------------------------------
Maybe that would explain my -yet again- awful experience on my return to NCL a week or 10 days ago.
My car was at South Gosforth so I walked to the train platform, scanning my Pop card as I went, waited on the platform for 5 minutes until a speaker announcement said that no trains were running.
I waited for the next bit about replacement buses but nothing came.
I went back to the main building to find someone who could tell me what was going on.
There was no-one, not a soul. No information desk.
Was it so difficult to put someone at the entrance to to train passageway letting people know what was happening?
Or maybe NCL is the only airport in the world without even a noticeboard to put up there with the information.
But thank you to the girls at the Jet 2 desk who looked it up on their computer and told me I could use the 1-an-hour bus 42 outside.
Yep, after all the above I had 55 minutes to wait and no idea what I should do with my Pop card in all this.
Anyone new to the airport would have been in total confusion.
Even the taxi drivers weren't sure where the bus 42 stop was but people would have bought train tickets by that time.
One day NCL will get it right but I'm not holding my breath.
It's not a train its a tram and surely you should be venting at Nexus.