PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lt(jg) Maddy Swegle USN
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 02:04
Lonewolf_50

Received 382 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by finestkind
You can claim all you want that at this time merit was the reason someone achieved whatever but it is a fact that positive discrimination has placed people in positions that they would not have gained without this positive discrimination.
Back off, sport. Now. Stand down.

You are crapping on someone who did that hard thing: try to drink through a fire hose. I am painfully familiar with the accountant/bean counter initiative to reduce the T-45 syllabus "length" by "ten percent" due to it being "so costly" to train fast jet pilots.

Her predecessors in Fast Jet Land got to fly T-2 and A-4 (CQing in both) before the bean counting scum tried to make it all more "cost effective" - and the original T-45 syllabus did that due to good use of better sims and syllabus design that applied about 60 years of lessons learned in pilot training.

And then the accountants got involved. They took what "was" in the expensively designed T-45 syllabus and claimed that a 10% (actually, more than 10%) reduction in syllabus length was somehow justified. (morons, and not a one an aviator). Not on aviation grounds, but on fiscal grounds.

You gotta a lotta damn nerve to throw any shade on her or any of her contemporaries.
Get bent.

BigPistonsForever
As for Lt Hultgreen, why is she vilified when there have been plenty of male pilots with major Fu*kups who got a pass ?
I had the same question. People with two balls have died hitting the boat since about the time the damned boat was invented. She did not deserve the crap storm that attended her untimely death.
That whole carrier aviation thing?
It's hard.
I have multiple friends and colleagues who died from it.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 4th Aug 2020 at 16:28. Reason: Edited to remove profanity