PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 23:51
Lookleft

Received 188 Likes on 84 Posts
The idea isn’t that post administration the airline has 70 aircraft flying....its more that the airline will have 70 aircraft available for it to ramp up operations over ‘x’ amount of months.
I think the number of aircraft Virgin retain will be solely dependant on how successful lease renegotiations were - the more ‘power by the hour’ leases they were able to renegotiate, the more aircraft there will be.
I find it very unlikely that Bain would fork out the money they have to buy an airline of 40 737s.My money is on 60-75 737s.....hoping for the latter, expecting something closer to the former.
So what you are saying is that Bain are so good at negotiation that they will have other entities wearing the cost of having 60-75 airframes available for the new Virgin? Who pays for the staff that are needed to support that fleet size or does Bain just bring them online as the aircraft are needed? Meanwhile the C19 impact on the economy just keeps rolling along and there is very limited flying available. It reminds me of the argument that everything Singapore Airlines touches turns to gold based on the fanciful premise that because they make bucket loads of money then anything they are involved in will. I ask the question again; When does Bain actually have to commit to the purchase? Then and only then, will the staff know if they have a job.