PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does the new NAS improve Air Safety in Australia?
Old 30th Nov 2003, 08:00
Col. Walter E. Kurtz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andy, I notice that if you can't answer a question, you will ignore that too!

Alot of the issues regarding the changes to airspace significantly affect the professional pilots who, by virtue of the fact that the operate in this new airspace on a near daily basis, poses a greater risk to them than 99.9% of the PPL/Recreational pilots who feel that this airspace is the 'great white hope'.

Also, the ATCers who have to monitor the airspace, and probably feel a moral responsibility to work to avoid the potential MACs the new system has opened greater opportunity for.

Neither groups have been consulted properly, many many questions have not been answered satisfactorily, and as a result, there is a great amount of frustration, resentment and concern (just in case you missed it) about the WHOLE thing.

So, if people get a little bit 'mouthy', well it should be understood. I don't remember anybody appointing you moderator. Whilst I personally wouldn't use the same phraseology as ****su, I think he is right in that for months, after the questions got a bit too 'hot', well certain people 'dissappeared', when there was still alot of questions to be answered.

I can assure you that there is a huge difference between flying a warrior up the BK LOE to Williamtown and flying an RPT jet or turboprop mulltiple sectors per day into what is now safety degraded airspace.

My suggestion is to you is to cease being the moral policeman, stop diverting attention from the issues by your ignorance, answer the questions when you start debate, and/or stick to your area of 'expertise' - flying private aeroplanes in the UK.