PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 09:59
Colonel_Klink

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
70 was always an unrealistic number in these times. Basically they were saying that they were going to restart the airline with one that would have as many airframes as Jetstar when the majority of the Jetstar fleet is parked up against a fence. Even 40 is optimistic given that Victoria is now locked down and curfewed until the middle of September. When are the keys to the front door meant to be handed over?
The idea isn’t that post administration the airline has 70 aircraft flying....its more that the airline will have 70 aircraft available for it to ramp up operations over ‘x’ amount of months.

I think the number of aircraft Virgin retain will be solely dependant on how successful lease renegotiations were - the more ‘power by the hour’ leases they were able to renegotiate, the more aircraft there will be.

I find it very unlikely that Bain would fork out the money they have to buy an airline of 40 737s.

My money is on 60-75 737s.....hoping for the latter, expecting something closer to the former.