PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 08:43
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Correspondence to Ms Hardman on the CASA Board- Allegations aginst Mr Aleck

1st August 2018.

Dear Ms. Donna Hardman,

I am writing to you, in your position on the Board of CASA with the important, and shared responsibility for the good governance of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority

My name is Glen Buckley.

I am writing to you as your bio on the CASA website states the following attributes that I believe are highly pertinent to the allegations that I am raising against Mr. Jonathan Aleck in his role as CASA Executive Manager.
  • You are a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
  • You are a Fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia.
  • Your bio states that you have a "deep governance experience."
  • You have expertise in the area of "organizational change and business transformation and organizational performance
  • You are a "passionate advocate for customer-centric innovation."

The purpose of this correspondence is to request either a face to face, or video conference meeting of approximately one-hour duration at some stage convenient to you, but ideally no later than the end of August.

That meeting could be either a meeting with myself only or alternatively a conference-style meeting with a number of affected Parties and a representative from an Industry group such as AOPA. I will leave that decision to you to determine the most appropriate format.

The purpose of the meeting would be to ensure that you are presented with my allegations and there supporting evidence, and not only information provided to you via Mr. Aleck who has demonstrated that he is willing to pervert an independent outcome in order to cover up his misconduct

My allegations against Mr. Aleck are substantial.
  1. I am fully satisfied that he is misleading the Commonwealth Ombudsman in his ongoing investigation and providing information that is not truthful, and Mr. Aleck is aware that he is providing misleading information.
  2. Mr. Aleck is responsible for clear and deliberate disregard for CASAs' own regulatory philosophy.
  3. Mr. Aleck is making decisions that have no basis in law, and applying his opinion only, which has no justification on the basis of aviation safety.
  4. Mr. Alecks' conduct has negatively impacted on several businesses and resulted in the loss of many millions of dollars of investment and associated loss of employment to numerous individuals whose livelihood has been impacted.
  5. Mr. Aleck has clearly breached obligations placed on him by CASAs' own Enforcement manual.
  6. Mr, Aleck has clearly breached obligations placed on him by the rules of Administrative law, Natural Justice, and Procedural Fairness.
  7. Mr. Aleck's conduct has breached the Minister's own Statement of Expectations.

I am writing to you in the first instance because of your credentials, but my intention is to correspond with each Member of the CASA Board.

I am fully satisfied that in light of Mr. Aleck's conduct, his position with CASA has clearly become untenable, and that conduct requires a full and well-intentioned investigation by the Board of CASA.

Please note that I have included the Deputy Prime Minister in this correspondence as I believe that he should be aware of the allegations that I am raising against Mr. Aleck.

Whilst I can make no allegations against his character outside of the workplace, I believe that his misconduct negatively impacts aviation safety and job growth in the aviation sector which will be crucial going forward.

The allegations against Mr. Aleck are substantial and he is fully entitled to an investigation to refute my allegations.

I trust that you will facilitate my request for a meeting to ensure the good governance of CASA, in accordance with the obligations placed on you in your role.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley