PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 31st Jul 2020, 06:10
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wingspar
You go Keg!
It is incumbent on those to forever try to get rid of those more senior.
Trip them over in the terminal or whatever!
I’m with you by the way!
No doubt in 11.5 years just after I’ve turned 61 people will be encouraging me to take the deal on offer then too!

A lower MGH allows a couple of things in the medium term. In terms of rostering it doesn’t mean much when the divisor sits below ~90 per BP (equivalent to month on, month off). Once the flying increases above about 90/ month on, month off, that’s where a lower divisor of 100, 120, 140 (per 8 week BP) enables things to ramp back up without putting significant additional costs on the business (for which there is no income to cover the additional $$$ to pay everyone 160 when they’re only flying 100, 120, 140, etc).

Of course QF may argue that a lower MGH lowers the cost of AL and LSL accrued with that lower MGH. I’d need to see some serious quid pro quo to consider devaluing any AL or LSL accrued whilst stood down post a variation vote. I’m somewhat ambivalent about what that could look like. Perhaps even equity and various bonuses tied to the CEOs for the next decade or so.