PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to destroy the Royal Air Force (?).
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2020, 15:26
NutLoose

Received 2,594 Likes on 1,098 Posts
Said it before and will say it again, we should never destroy airfields, put pongoes on them by all means or anyone else, but leave the airfield infrastructure complete, you can build a camp if you need to house pongoes almost anywhere, but try to find a site and build an airfield where Mr and Mrs not in my backyard will not fight it tooth and nail. and the cost compared to a fenced in accomodation plot for pongoes will be staggering.

Yeah I know, but the swedes do it.....
Flogging the Harrier off for spare parts put that more or less to bed, when they did the Jag take off PR stunt I seem to remember they struggled to find a straight enough stretch, long enough, clear of obstacles and without bridges over it to use., fast fwd to today with poor road surfaces and aircraft no longer built to operate in such conditions you would struggle.

I would be interested to know how long people think the RAF would be able to put up a defence to a credible threat to this Country from an Air Force we might face today. dependant on the build up to hostilities and the ability to disperse, Couple of days if lucky.?

No wonder the likes of China over Hong Kong and Russia laugh when we rattle our sabres at them these days.