PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABC: Pilot Shortage ‘flipped around’
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2020, 10:56
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Chookcooker. At least your comment was about the post. I will still disagree that a Captain today has the same authority to make the decisions that Captain’s made in the 50’s/60’s/70’s. For those of you that take affront to having your four bars questioned or your pursuit of those four bars take note I am talking about decision making and not responsibility. Try exercising your Captain’s authority particularly if it flies in the face of your companies SOP’s and see how long your employment continues.
Finestkind, I, for one have gone against SOP’S multiple times in the interests of safety and my employment continued. I think your full of it and are either a failed upgrade or someone bitter with the system. Once in the air it is the Captains authority all the way, although I just noticed your location says SAUDI, well your in another world buddy, if that’s your world then sorry about that, it’s different everywhere else, the Captain rules the roost when airborne, unless your in Saudi obviously! 😂