PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 17th Jul 2020, 23:27
das Uber Soldat

Received 127 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Can a Jetstar long haul pilot essentially knife someone on a narrow body?

Myself and my colleagues are most certainly expecting our wide body part of our base to get the chop, however all those in the left seat (and some right) on the 787 are all ex Airbus Command anyway and don’t want to move cities. They are all ahead of us on the list. Basically they want my job. Some of those people I was informed this week have already been talking of taking my job which upset me this week. I’ve got both sides of the seat on the big twin gunning for my job. That’s a lot of people.

I am happy to sit out for a year or two. Can’t move the family so need to do what I can to maintain my position and fleet. CR would mean I would walk away from the job which would have a bad effect on my mental state considering this is all I’ve done for the last 25 years. Working at Woolworths now really is an eye opener.
If those guys on the jq widebody think jq are going to pay for 230 or so A320 endorsements they have rocks in their head. The Eba allows the company to effectively do whatever they want, and they will. And what they want to do is expend the least amount of capital possible. I got 99 problems but 787 blue shirts pushing me out of my job ain't one.