PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2020, 10:39
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helipixman
Whilst I repect your choice, TUI have been fantastic with my booking which was cancelled. I found a store that was open and they rebooked everything giving me the 20% incentive to re-book. Let's face it TUI did not cause this pandemic and all companies deal with things differently. TUI have been great with me in the past, lets hope they have a future because there are not many companies left you can book package holidays with. I know people who have booked holidays with seperate airlines and hotels and are still fighting to get anything back.

My choice is not to book things separately because of that reason, maybe I am old school but I have always relied on the security of package holidays.
Sadly, not my experience. I also gave them the benefit of the doubt when my holiday in May was cancelled and took the 20% incentive and rebooked for July (a risk I know). What has frustrated me is that I want to rebook with Jet2 and I have been trying for nearly a month to get a refund from TUI. I appreciate this is not of their making but I am a strong believer that how a company deals with their customers when things go wrong demonstrates if they are truly customer centric. Their actions show they just want to hold on to people’s money as long as they can and ABTA seem pretty toothless at the moment. On the other hand I know Jet2 we’re answering their phones and providing refunds in a timely manner. I just expected more from the ‘World’s largest travel company’. I will just vote with my feet. Obviously I am pleased your experience was good - mine most definitely has not been.