PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2020, 05:24
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I state a fact yet some don’t like the fact and get all huffy and puffy when I said I thought it was a long journey. Well it is a long journey and so is Stansted and so is the all stopper Luton service. Ok I will turn that around for those with a delicate Southend disposition and make it sound positive. Those travelling to London Liverpool St have the opportunity to watch two complete episodes of Dads Army on their iplayer. This is the only airport serving a London terminal where someone can do this.

I don’t like the shuttle bus at Luton either if it makes people happy but I wouldn’t spend £243m of Council money replacing it as I have said many times.

Just as a side note I used the recognised London mainline terminal of St Pancras for my travel times for Luton while asdf1234 used Farringdon. I could stretch the times out further if people want by using other directly served London stations of City Thameslink, Blackfriars or London Bridge. The slowest all stopper journey from London Bridge I can find is 58 minutes, which is the same as Southend. It’s not a big deal but would seem like a very long journey to me just like catching a train to Southend.

When the Dart opens will passengers see the Dart station at Parkway, which resembles an airport terminal, as being the airport or only when they arrive inside the CTA? Do passengers arriving at Gatwick Airport station see the station as the airport or only when they have arrived at the North terminal after catching their driverless train?

Whatever passengers thoughts are, the Dart will be a game changer for Luton but I am more than happy to see Southend smash and grab a few Luton services and to prosper in what is a tough world. I will always remain a supporter of Southend, although that is not wanted here but to be honest I don’t give a monkeys that I am not viewed as being in the first division of the fan boy club where spin and gloss and a denial of reality is key to membership.

I have to add that I have the greatest of respect for Expressflight who just deals in plain facts and the real world Southend lives in. Maybe that is because he used to work there. When he writes something it is always worth reading.

Last edited by LTNman; 17th Jul 2020 at 06:06.