PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fire - USS Bonhomme Richard LHD-6 - 12 Jul 20
Old 15th Jul 2020, 09:56
SLXOwft

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts
Imagegear, I was thinking of a possibility along those lines but probably just negligence. Not a military story but a paper factory, which was a client of my father's, was burnt to the ground by a blow torch "left" burning on the new roof, there was suspicion it was arson but nothing could be proved.

Anyway, General Ghaani the new head of the IRGC's Quds Force has identified the reponsible party as God.

Ship Fire is Divine Punishiment for Washington's Crimes

GeeRam, as a former metallurgy student that's why I was trying to identify if it was F or C if it wasas ORAC says F the damage will have been less. I would have thought it is a question of determining how much has been damaged and if it is economic to cut out and replace.

I wouldn't be surprised if this increases the chances of PoW being deployed out East for USMC F-35s to operate off in the medium term. Problem is replacing the troop carrying and amphipious landing capabiity - she could carry the equivalent of 2 Commandos+ more than twice the number Ocean could embark. Better not start riding my hobby horse of the RN's need for a real LPH.