PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy Jet : Safety Culture : Using sickness absence to select for redundancy
Old 13th Jul 2020, 17:29
monkey.tennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tick Tock Man
I believe it's calculated by dividing the number of absences by the number of days available for work, not the absolute number of absences. Those with less than two years' service will have their absences divided by fewer working days, so the resulting percentage is both fair and comparable, regardless of time served.
It’s still not fair. I’ve had no sick days in the last 6 months but several in the last 2 years. Also I think we all know that the new cadets don’t call in sick during line training and it is far more likely to happen during the exhausting summer schedule.

a new SO is very unlikely to have a full ATPL, be command ready and have the helpful experience that is needed to help the day go smoothly. The proposed matrix doesn’t consider any of these things. You might even think it was designed to target the longer serving pilots in favour of the (cheaper) new ones. But only if you’re a cynic.