PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Shares slip below HK8
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2020, 01:41
Progress Wanchai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by From a distance
Devastating. Really. Not too much devastation obvious pre Covid. Contract compliance was akin to a mosquito attempting to bite a rhinos arse. I didn’t see one solitary example of anyone taking it further and working against the company.

Those that still have a job will continue to take flight plan fuel, do RETI etc.

For those still here Morale will improve when there is a plan. For those of us finding ourselves on the outside looking in, CX, HKG, HKG public won’t give a damn about our Morale. It’s just business.
Exactly.

Fear of losing a job can be every bit as motivational as the reward of a pay rise. I’d be guessing but after the restructure is complete anyone still left here will probably have a sense of relief rather than a destructive bitterness.

I know it’s hard for pilots to do but don’t think this is all about yourselves. 90% of the company employees from cabin crew to check in staff to engineers to the sales team don’t have a LIFO clause in their contracts. Yet they are still here just like us. The company is formulating a restructuring plan and once approved it will be implemented. The timeframe to formulate the plan can be questioned, but it’s fanciful to suggest the timeframe is a result of the company “not liking” one clause in one employee groups contracts that is worth no more than the legislation that makes the contract binding.

Again it’s hard for control freaks to get their heads around they aren’t in control of aspects of their future. This belief that it won’t be me because of my seniority number/my contract/my overseas base/my Hong Kong base/my PR status/my title/insert self preservation excuse here, is a case study in human psychology.
The sooner you accept it could quite possibly be you and formulate a plan B that doesn’t involve studying the seniority list then the better off you and your family will be.