PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2020, 05:44
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At last... some good news!

BA to restart LGW operations next weekend. Initially long haul only with flights to Barbados, Bermuda, St Lucia, Kingston and Antigua commencing from 18th July onwards. The short haul programme has been cancelled for the summer, but will begin to shift back to LGW from September/October. Given that the South terminal is temporarily closed, I would guess that BA will be operating these from their old home in the North for now. I have to say that after the mountain of bad news LGW has been having recently, I am so pleased to see BA coming back, great news for passengers, ground staff and crew!

Any more news as to when we might expect to see other long haul airlines recommence ops out of LGW? CX had originally planned to reinstate the LGW-HKG route from early August, but I'm not sure if this is still going ahead/has been pushed back? (can't find any info on airlineroute). EK recommences to DXB from August, QR to DOH in October, CI are moving back to LGW from LHR in late October, CA to PVG in October.

Source on BA's return to LGW: https://simpleflying.com/british-air...ondon-gatwick/