PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 22:10
autoflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by parkfell
Can someone enlighten me as to whether the Insurers are likely to pay out given what has all the hallmarks of grave Gross Misconduct by the crew.
Add to that, the issue of whether any evidence is uncovered as to whether the licences were issued “fair and square”, and their continuing validity iaw licensing regulations.
Simply asking the question. I have no information one way or the other.
This is a very significant consideration. In at least a couple of my airline contracts, there seemed to be an involvement of national government in the insurance cover. For a national airline, that seems to be a conflict of interest, even with re-insurance. If an insurer had an opportunity to escape payment, it seems that that it would do so. If the airline was sufficiently negligent, like habitually allowing beaches of SOPs that would have prevented the accident, there might be a question mark over claims. If the airline did not know of breaches, but should have known, same question mark.
A friend of mine was a pax in an A320 accident at Bahrain. Religious considerations meant his wife did not get any compensation, but his closest male relative did and did not share it with the wife.