PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carmody walks the plank
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 21:56
mindsneak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bodie1

You can't be serious?

Maybe I am just a little bit nieve because I am at the start of my career in aviation but I just believe in giving everyone a chance to prove themselves that's all. Politicians are humans like everyone else, sometimes they get it right and sometimes they get it wrong.

Shane Carmody was first appointed in June 2017 when Darren Chester was the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport. Whereas McCormack has only been Minister for Infrastructure and Transport since 2018 so I am assuming that until now he is yet to be involved in any process regarding the appointment of a new Director of Aviation Safety/CEO of CASA.

Besides from what I have been able to tell from the press release we actually don't know the real reasons why Shane Carmody has decided to leave his current position at this point. I assume that he is very happy with what he has achieved so far at CASA and feels for whatever reason he may have that now is the right time for someone else to take over the reigns who can lead CASA to more longer term regulatory reform.

I am just speculating of course and this is all just my personal opinion.