PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair GPWS @ Bergerac
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2020, 10:00
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
And hence the decline continues, by our own folk cherry picking which rules they like to be subjected to and which not.

Perhaps for the altitude bit? Brrr.
If these words make you feel special, then good on you

Meanwhile the rest of us will keep flying practically. Not busting altitude limitations and maintaining big picture situation awareness at all times.

As a matter of interest I don't think I have ever called ATC as being 'established' until actually established on the LOC course (CDI needle centered is my mental cue) or fully established LOC and GS. I have no fears of failing for calling 'established' when 5.3 degrees off the inbound course because for me it isn't habit (whereas for you it would clearly lead to a climax)

Whoever said that people need to be failed to concentrate on something need to have a word with your selection department if that's the type of pilot being hired. I speak for every colleague I've been in the sim with when I say a notebook of the debrief is always kept and used for personal review. To suggest you need to fail someone for them to learn something is an insult to our profession and intelligence.