PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 18:33
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
She's being tedious - it has nothing to do with CV-19 and everything about Independence. I wonder how she's like it if BoJo insisted everyone traveling to./from Scotland had to self quarantine until she lifts the restrictions?
Why would she care about what Boris does within the area of the UK he has say over health matters?

For what it's worth I, as one of her supporters, do not see this as being about independence. However, I absolutely do think she's being far too cautious and it will hit us harder further down the line with more job losses and all the social and economical issues that come with mass unemployment in our tourism and aviation sectors. That said, the list of countries approved by Boris is as bizarre as it is diverse. Why is Turkey on there when it's not deemed safe for the rest of the EU, for example? Why is Lithuania on there, but not Estonia and Latvia whom have all enjoyed a tri-lateral travel bubble for weeks now?

I am glad she is not just accepting the list at face value and is going to hold back from a decision for now (as are Wales and NI) but she should definitely be opening up to some countries to at least get the planes moving again and some jobs protected.