PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 00:14
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
No mate, was just pointing out that you’d missed his point.

I don’t know what the best way to handle this problem is - I believe keeping the STATE borders closed is ridiculous. AUSTRALIA has enough medical resources to deal with any community infection now. The media led hyper fear regarding the current Victorian clusters is amusing - what were we trying to achieve again? Zero cases? An unburdened health system?
We aren’t seperate kingdoms, we are the one country. One economy that is bleeding badly due to poor management at the state level.

I’m also stood down, and have been since March. I have enough resources tucked away to be fine with no pay until late next year. No self pity here - but the more I read the data, and ignore the headlines, the clearer the picture becomes.

We all have our opinions - some are learned, others are just plucked. Either way, there’s no need to shout down the opinions that don’t match our own.

Stay safe, enjoy the time off, and question everything! :-)
sounds like we’re on a similar page!

I’m happy for state borders to be opened, perhaps with restrictions on those from hotspots (ala NT & NSW).

BNEA320’s opinion is that international borders should be opened, which I strongly disagree with.