PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Software Engineer interested in aviation
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 12:05
captut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always wanted to fly since I was a kid. Finished high school and started taking the ground school in 2004. The Indian market was not really good back then and Indian kids are always at the sole mercy of their parents to pay for education. They decided not to pay for flying lessons, the bank decided not to loan any money for flying. LOL the bank manager's son was a pilot with CPL and no job and she scared the **** out of my parents. They said to get an engineering degree because that was safe and then go to America, you'll have a nice pay and nice life. So, I just I think gave up on my dream. Did engineering, came to the US, did my masters and life happened. But I never stopped thinking about being a pilot. But life was good, pay job, the standard of living and whatnot, I thought I will do hobby flying, get a PPL, and fulfill my desire of flying. But now I feel flying big jets is more fun than a Cessna /piper.

I cannot work in the US other than my software employer. I am on an H1B visa, and the process with PR in the US is a s**t show at this moment.

So why Cathay you ask?: I am not stuck to just on that one airline, but the reason I am exploring cx is that I know they'll hire people at my age(I am 36 by the time I finish CPL I will be what 39?). All Indian airlines have a cap on age like 32. Am I wrong?