PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2020, 14:26
Webby737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's info on the government website here https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-border-rules
It's a bit vague (nothing new there!) but it states:

"People who live in the UK but work in another country and travel between the UK and country of work at least once a weekYou’ll need to complete the Public Health passenger locator form before you travel to the UK.You will not need to self-isolate for 14 days if you are staying in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. You’ll need to self-isolate for 14 days if you are staying in Scotland.You’ll need to show evidence that you reside in one country but work in the other and you should also be able to demonstrate that you travel between the two on a minimum of a weekly basis, for example, a season ticket."
This would cover those who are commuting and arriving back in the UK as a passenger.

And then for foreign flight & cabin crew
"Pilots and crew, as defined in paragraph 1 of Schedule 1 to the Air Navigation Order 2016(h), where such crew have travelled to the UK in the course of their work You’ll need to complete the Public Health passenger locator form before you travel to the UK. You will not need to self-isolate for 14 days.
You should show a crew badge or ID."

I'd looked at this yesterday as I was trying to see if an engineer had travelled to Europe as part of their duties if they had to self-isolate for 14 days upon their return to the UK.
I still haven't found a definite answer !