PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 4 Corners 29 Jun 2020 Aviation
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2020, 23:16
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Blackout:
The Board consisted of a bunch of exclusively privileged individuals in a role that mainly involved rubbing shoulders, patting each other on the back, fancy functions and the odd power play.

How any Board member can execute their roles on multiple Boards at the same time and focus their attention to one particular Organisation is just beyond me. The ability to fail in their roles and still maintain multiple roles just goes to show that it is not what you know, it is who you know when you are part of 'the club'.

You are utterly wrong about what Boards do. I had a few like you try to get around me and front the Board when I was a CEO because they thought their pet schemes would be approved if only they could explain them to the Board in person.

‘’Board discussions in a company with a good chairman are often, uncomfortable, aggressive, abrasive, forthright and cover subjects that would make the average employee consider suicide. It is not a job for the faint of heart. The financial penalties for illegality are huge and the public consequences of getting it wrong...well, you can see EB’s reputation now.