PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 29th Jun 2020, 13:30
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NoelEvans
What a horrible mob.
quite a sweeping statement to tar 4500 pilots with that brush, and yet on another thread you bang the drum about wanting to work past 65 and thus denying these junior pilots in distress a much needed employment opportunity. What a horrible thing to do eh!
There seems to be an assumption that all BA 747 captains are 60plus and loaded, well I’m bloody neither. I’ve given 22years to BA and I get a little bit miffed when I get accused of some of the things above. I’ve had numerous changes to contracts, taken pay cuts, been on strike to try and better the pay for all, and yet I’m suppose to say “ oh well, time for me to take one for the team, please make me redundant”. As a collective we will do everything we can, paycuts, part time, etc to keep everyone employed. But if, and it’s still and if, I expect BA to honour our MOA. Otherwise, and I guarantee it will happen, is that they’ll do the same to you when you become “too expensive”.
We all knew it’s a seniority based airline, I knew it back in September 2001, when I was junior and again in 2008 during the GFC. Both times I thought I’d lose my job due to the principle of LIFO, so I know ow exactly how it feels. I was grateful my colleagues took paycuts and productivity increases back then to keep me in a job, and I’m a firm believer in what goes around etc, and this time it’s my turn to take that cut to keep you employed. We haven’t left anyone behind yet, and I hope we won’t this time.