PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 29th Jun 2020, 13:24
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Love the expert opinions...

I agree with the minority of posters, why can’t we cheer them on?

Compared with some of the other attempts at jet services in the past, Rex is probably quite likely to succeed.

“$30 million will only last a week”

”ozjet took $70 million to set up”

”that sort of money won’t buy much”

No where have they stated they’re buying anything.
Leasing aircraft will be much cheaper upfront.

Are you all forgetting Rex is a CURRENT airline? They’re not talking about starting something from scratch FFS! They already have everything they’ll probably need to fly between BNE/SYD/MEL and even ADL. All they’re doing is adding a new type. It’s an add-on to a current airline, not a whole new application.

Plus I don’t see anyone mention the feeder traffic from the regional services they currently have. This will probably fill 10% of the seats from day 1. Some of that traffic is currently fed to VA....

(Unfortunately) About to be a bunch of rated 737/320 crew with free time. Plus the expats from EK etc returning with Boeing/Airbus time....

They’ve even got room in Wagga for a 737/320 sim in the event this works out long term....

Other than all the negative comments on here, I don’t see any ‘actual’ reasons they couldn’t pull it off.