PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2020, 13:18
KindaUnstuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nuweiba
I will miss that Flybe Heathrow connection. Found it so much more convenient for me. I like T2 and usually stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at T4 whereas before I used to use the Hi Express at Croydon when using Aurigny via Gatwick. But it relied on that subsidy from the States to keep it going, as the flights never seem to get ( on average ) over 2/3 full - it seems that when tickets went over the 60 - 70 quid each way mark, there were few takers.

Agreed - last summer I used the Heathrow flight 6 or 7 times as it was really convenient and also Terminal 2 was a joy compared to Gatwick's South Terminal.

A few times on the return flight the loads were in the low 70s but I mainly flew back to the island on Sunday evenings which seemed to be mainly locals who had been in London for the weekend.

According to Isle of Man news, prices for the GCI - IOM will be announced shortly and the booking will be available from Wednesday. I was due to be up in Edinburgh at the start of September but can't see that happening so will probably go up to the Isle of Man for 3 nights for a change of scenery instead.