PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2020, 12:36
Nuweiba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcockayne
Nuweiba, once again I have to agree with you - some new routes have resulted from “Open Skies” - I should have specified “viable new routes”. However, I do not think that most of the routes that you quoted are particularly “viable”. At the best, they are summer only routes & operate maybe once or twice a week. The main exception was Heathrow, but that was only a “bookkeeping exercise” by BEE. I suppose that AUR could try & take it up - but that requires the slots. Whether, or not, they could make it work only time would tell. However, there is definitely the demand for this route to justify it being tried. As for the other routes, the opportunity for AUR to operate some of them is there but, they are not money spinners. Can AUR turn them into money makers ? And do they have the aircraft available to operate them ? Time will tell.
I will miss that Flybe Heathrow connection. Found it so much more convenient for me. I like T2 and usually stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at T4 whereas before I used to use the Hi Express at Croydon when using Aurigny via Gatwick. But it relied on that subsidy from the States to keep it going, as the flights never seem to get ( on average ) over 2/3 full - it seems that when tickets went over the 60 - 70 quid each way mark, there were few takers.