PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 26th Jun 2020, 22:06
African_TrouserSnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C.luc
For your first point I wasnt explicitly aware that ...
Thanks for clearing that up, it seems as if you have tought about it. However I can still sense an considerable amount of (here we go again) confirmation bias in your reply.

Additionally do you really think the industry will be at these extremely low levels for more than 3-5 years?
In my opinion AT LEAST 3-5 years, but noone knows and I don't pretend that I do. By looking at the past we can only hope for 3-5 years. Please remember that COVID is not only hitting the airlines, but the global economy.
If you don't take it from me please subscribe yourself to the 'european airline pilots' facebook group, there is a large amount of senior captains talking about unseen and unprecedented never seen before in their career doubting they will ever fly again. (now driving delivery trucks btw, should be a red flag for you to get a degree!)

The industry will definitely rise to pre-covid levels and even higher in time
World population is growing and people will always want to travel whether thats for business, pleasure or other reasons.
For example the domestic market in China has shown some very positive trends, could be viewed as a model as to how recovery may take its course in the EU for example.
[source required]
It would be wise to abstain yourself from these gutfeelings as it based on thin air. As you have already displayed by writing something among the lines of 'integrated is preferred by airlines', stick to the facts mate you sound like a amateur psychologist crossbred with a fortune teller.

Your train of tought is EXACTLY the kind of peak confirmation bias which tends to get newbies into trouble. I don't where you get it from, is it from the flightschool ads or u-tube pilots? In both cases they only care about maintaining their business, wether it is by selling you snakeoil or not.

I think overall its better to invest and put effort into something are highly driven in rather than half heartedly go through a degree which doesnt necessarily make you tick, only to graduate and work a job dishing out very average or often below average wages when you can at least be working in the field you want even if initially the pay isnt the greatest.
How about whole heartedly going trough a degree which makes you tick, only to graduate and work an unrelated job at minimum wage with no perspective of the getting the job you studied for. It is sad but this was the reality post 2008 for a LONG time.

You will probably think 'oh well so what, doesn't matter for how long I will have to wait, as long as I get to brrrr fly the plane brrr brr.
Washing dishes or driving around in a Tesco truck for 40h per week at minimum wage, living at your parents' only to spend the majority of your pay on your loan's interest. it will make 1 year seem like an eternity, let alone 2-3-4-5 years. You will quite literally become a voluntary wageslave.

i have a PPL and it would be pretty much redundant with the integrated ATPL.
Come on mate, why do you even consider integrated? Besides the no job and very very overpriced story, why would you even consider piping down a further 15k worth of ppl time for nothing? Get a degree and if you want to fly, start your ATPL theory. Life isn't always about fun you know, sometimes the hard way is the right way.

Basing on you're post you're quite young and I presume that you don't have the required money yourself.
It is none of my business and you're free to spend your money as you like, just make sure that you don't take others down with you (parents etc) in order for you to fulfill your needs of brr brr fly aeroplane.

I have read endless stories of parents / family shelling out the money for their precious son to make his dreams come true, without further researching the matter themselves and blindly trusting the flightschools great promises, only to have their little boy live as a depressed ghost in their basement, hiding from the debt collector while dad and mum pay off the biggest part of his interests.