PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 40% of Pakistani pilots hold fake flying licenses: Aviation Minister
Old 26th Jun 2020, 10:46
Krautwald

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TURIN
It has happened in the UK, so it can happen anywhere.

https://www.caa.co.uk/News/Aircraft-...ams/?catid=157
True, but itīs simply more prevalent in some cultures than others. I think itīs a mix. The self concept of people, especially men, in some places is exaggerated. And maybe more importantly, if you are in a place where corruption and nepotism are more accepted and overt, it is also a matter of negative selection - you simply discourage the good apples. You donīt have to go that far to find this, I have Greek friends who migrated because they felt that they did their best and actually put in the effort, but enough lazy idiots with the right uncles or Dads will get hired before them. Itīs not that hard to create a society where people feel that NOT using the extra help of cheating would be dumb. If ROI is low and uncertain, many will try to keep I as low as possible too. The opposite is hard, itīs hard to create institutions keeping such things at bay, and to get people to actually accept them (not just fear them). Itīs kind of the whole point of a (not just economically developed society.