PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2020, 16:53
Lonewolf_50

Received 320 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by pattern_is_full
Lonewolf - you're trying to assume a rational reason for raising the gear again.
Actually, I am looking at a possible 'common mistake seen in the sims / knobology' explanation for bringing the gear up - because they had previously lowered it and they were heading in to land (even though they are going too fast), which is rational - so that is why I asked that bit at the end.

I do not disagree with you at all that they did not seem to have their heads in the game, and that the crew coordination was probably either poor or missing.

It is like seeking a rational reason why a trained pilot would hold an aircraft in a stall for 38, 000 feet (AF447).
I have a rational reason for the RH pilot, based on teaching instruments for a few years.
He had a poor scan (perhaps due to being a child of the magenta line, or perhaps just due to no recency/currency of him flying instruments rather than letting HAL fly for him) and it broke down quickly to where he had no scan. Seen it happen plenty, in aircraft and in sims, and it happened to me a few times.

But between him and the left hand pilot, yeah, you are right. It hardly seems rational.