PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2020, 07:21
Jamie2009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
The time for reviving an airline is in the first few weeks after flying is suspended when the brand could maybe come back to life and the routes with most potential had not been claimed by other airlines. Even if Cyrus were ready to go tomorrow with Flybe v2, a delay of 3 months combined with a significant fall in air travel demand means the window of opportunity has almost certainly closed
Under normal circumstances I'd agree but these aren't normal times! the Fly(may)be brand wasn't the best and should be dropped quick sharp.
The 3 month lead time is a good thing so demand can be judged before any launch. I don't believe the eLPC or Zoom Tech refreshers are just out of the kindness of their heart but still very much appreciated..........
I believe that ALL not just the leased aircraft from the Flybe fleet are undergoing an ownership change. It will be a shell of a business with no aircraft or training academy and most tangible assets sold so the creditors can't get anymore from the process.

Perfect for Cryus to buy for next to now't - they know what they are doing in the airline business and would probably keep the current management. The company licences are still under review by the Transport Secretary and have been for a long time - the Gov are sitting on it for a reason. The DFO and HoCT are still getting employed by the administrators for a reason, why are they there?
Lots and lots of DASH now sitting with lessors looking for new operators. Any future operator will be able to get a great deal and have their pick of the bunch once the aircraft have been cleaned up/repainted by the lease companies so none of the shabby ex Flybe ones will be back unless sorted. Those LGW ones should fit the bill... all white and easy to fit the Virgin Connect decals to.

This Covid19 saga has decimated the industry and put loads of us out of work BUT it is also an opportunity so we just have to wait and see.