PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 23rd Jun 2020, 10:17
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
There has not been much fear spread around in terms of implications to the balance sheet, but I think it’s pretty clear, it’s going to be nasty. They can’t drag International along in the mud for the next three years, it will sink the whole operation.

Long Haul would be viable from next year, at what, a tenth of what it is today? Even if that. Jetstar 787 is dead.

Domestic wise, Jetstar carries a large amount of foreign travelers. A quarter to half of most of my flights are tourists. Won’t be seeing these guys in the same capacity for a few years. Not much different to the Corporate market over the fence, but could rebound sooner.

A rebounded QF Corporate Domestic Market can’t subsidize a slow rebounding Jetstar Leisure and Qantas LH forever.
A quarter to half JQ domestic passengers are foreign tourists? Not in my experience, maybe 5-10%. Theres also the fact Tigerair aren’t coming back, so that’s 15 airframes less in the low cost domestic market.

Also, Aussies who would have otherwise travelled overseas going on holiday at home. Air New Zealand are seeing more demand to Queenstown domestically than this time last year. With a bit of luck (and the Melbourne situation being contained) we might be at that point in 2-3 months.

https://australianaviation.com.au/20...ity-from-2019/