PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huw Forrester Brown
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 21:54
Miles Stanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hugh Brown's Brother

My name is Miles Stanton, although I was christened Miles Brown. I am Hugh's brother. These days I live in Sydney. I was living in London on 12 Sept, 1987 - so needless to say I was involved. I was last in Rayleigh around 2014 and was pleased to see the plaque is still there. I always try to head to Canewdon for a pint in Hugh's old local whenever I visit Rayleigh.

Hugh's son, Jarrod, was 4 when Hugh died. He is now a fine 38 year old living in Masterton, married to Nicole with three wonderful children. I see him often and was lucky enough to spend 2-3 days with him in Feb - before we'd heard of Covid and the world changed.

Is this string still active? Anything anyone would like to know about Hugh? I am not a pilot - but I can recall, when he put me into the right hand seat of his DC3 for a fertiliser run, his Labrador, Jasper, was very agitated as he would fly most days strapped into that seat.

He is still very much missed by many people. When I was in Masterton in Feb people heard I was there and actively searched me out to talk about Hugh. It's been almost 33 years - he was 33 when he died.

In an interesting twist my oldest son, Richard, was born on 12 Sept 1997 - 10 years exactly to the day Hugh died.

Let me know how I can help with any information.

Miles