PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO to EASA / acceptance of third-country certification
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 18:25
RoyE7782

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICAO to EASA / acceptance of third-country certification

Hi
According to regulation (EU) No 1178/2011 from th3 03rd of March, I understand that under certain conditions an ICAO licensed pilot can convert his license to an EASA lisence without having to take the 14 theoretical exams but rather only test in Airlaw and English proficiency...
Am I getting this regulation wrong?

From what point will this regulation be valid?
tnx
“Pilot licences for commercial air transport and other commercial activities

For the validation of pilot licences for commercial air transport and other commercial activities, the holders shall comply with the following requirements, as applicable, for the privileges sought:

(a)

complete, as a skill test, the type or class rating revalidation requirements of Annex I (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011, as relevant to the privileges of the licence held;

(b)

demonstrate knowledge of the relevant parts of the operational requirements and Annex I (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011;

(c)

demonstrate language proficiency in accordance with Point FCL.055 of Annex I (Part-FCL) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011;

(d)

hold a valid Class 1 medical certificate, issued in accordance with Annex IV (Part-MED) to Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011;

(e)

in the case of aeroplanes, in addition to the requirements in points (a) to (d), comply with the experience requirements set out in table 1 in the Annex to this Regulation;

(f)

in the case of helicopters, in addition to the requirements in points (a) to (d), comply with the experience requirements set out in table 2 in the Annex to this Regulation.”