PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Academy (EFA) selection experiences
Old 22nd Jun 2020, 15:20
African_TrouserSnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pawly
I'm not talking about private flight schools, I'm talking about airline assessments.

Besides, why does it matter? I have planned my finances very well ....
Mate as said earlier, spend your money as you see fit, nobody tells you what you can or can't do.
However well you may plan your finances, make sure you actually HAVE the money and you don't have to pull out a loan.
The €1000 monthly payment and while only earning 1500 driving a delivery truck 40 hours a week has made many lives miserable. Even if you have a respectable income you'd still be paying of your whole life ahead and feel the pain every month. Even more so if you never end up in the RHS, as many never did after the last financial crash.

But as to "why it is so big" has multiple reasons.
  1. The aforementioned story
  2. Anyone mentioning big flying schools in the current climate automatically sets off the alarm bells, due to a repeat of history.
  3. "Airline assesments" come on - next to none of the airlines is assessing flightcrew for hiring at the moment and foreseeable future, let alone a newbie looking for a cadetship. They are rather assessing who to let go. You probably either mean a tagged scheme or mentored scheme. Neither of which will currently giving you any edge of a whitetail cadet, if anything if it is an MPL cadetship it will set your job oppurtunities further back.
  4. Even if you're sitting on a pile of cash, going to a integrated atplfactory is maybe the least intelligent way to get to your goals.
With the above points in mind, you might guess as to why people don't take you seriously if you start enquiring about a selection procedure at one of the well known integrated atpl factories.

Your self gloryfying stories of "I have planned my finances very well, I know my abilities, plan my journey etc" and consequently coming up EFA (90k integrated) and airline assesments (???) makes me doubt your abilities son. Sounds like you've got the idea that you're going to be the exception to the rule

Last edited by African_TrouserSnake; 22nd Jun 2020 at 16:54.