Thread: EasyJet Bristol
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2020, 19:52
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Originally Posted by Coochycool View Post
MV

You say you applied for refunds, is that to say then that you have not tried to exercise your right to compensation under EU261?

Maybe there is something I'm missing here but I would have thought that under these circumstances, airlines cannot use Covid-19 as an excuse for subsequent cancellation since the situation was already well known at the time of listing, and they are therefore liable?

I have a friend whose Easyjet flight Berlin to Stuttgart has been similarly retracted and seeks advice. It's no good just getting your money back if you've been seriously inconvenienced.

Any advice welcome!

Cooch
I had my fare refund from easyJet returned to my credit card account on 17 June. I applied for it on 23 April. I have another outstanding refund claim for later flights that I submitted to easyJet on 24 May.

I believe that Covid19-related cancellations are classed as extraordinary circumstances. I booked all my fights in January/February when the extent of the Covid19 effects on air travel in Europe was largely unknown.