PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Flight Academy (EFA) selection experiences
Old 21st Jun 2020, 12:56
Pawly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not talking about private flight schools, I'm talking about airline assessments.

Besides, why does it matter? I have planned my finances very well and know exactly what I'm getting into. Yes, private flight training might be risky due to the current situation, yes "chasing your dreams" might not have been worded very well as you need to know when to stop and realize that flight training might just not be for you but then again, how does anyone on this forum know how people are and what their finances look like? Also, what does this have to do with the original topic?

I simply said I failed one airline assessment and have a few more coming up, how does this determine that I (or anyone else for that matter) should stop trying to become a pilot and do something else instead? I just don't get it. Not a single pilot will tell you to stop when one thing doesn't work out - in fact, not a single person on earth should tell you that. It's never smart to just go for one source or opinion, you should always try a few times at least(!) to see if you're ready for it or not. I've met so many people (and pilots) who failed multiple times before being successful in their career and loving what they do now.

Don't be blind, don't let flight schools fool you, don't get a massive loan of 80k+ to then just give to a random flight school that told you everything's going to be fine - however, if you know your abilities, you have passed your medical, you can evaluate and understand your skills and you have a few sources that show you how it's done, then go ahead, plan your journey and always have a backup. That's what I do, that's what everyone else should do and that's all there is to say.

Again, this is off topic and I still don't understand why this has gotten so big.