PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2020, 09:42
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by hyg
I do believe there could be the possibility of redundancy as well but like myself, many other people I spoke to believe it won't be LIFO... people I spoke to and myself are all relatively safe in the case of LIFO, but realistically, why would the company leave the expensive options in while getting rid of the cheaper option, it simply doesn't make commercial sense. If you have an alternate when you go flying, I believe you should have one for your life too, putting all hopes into the fact that the company is going to observe the LIFO clause in the contract is I believe pure wishful thinking in this current climate.

Besides, if after things like SARS, GFC, people still can't see there's an even slight chance that their job/income could be in peril when **** happens and put away some decent amount of saving or preparing for an alternative career when need to, that's just not good planning.

so says you......simple in theory.

Oh and just for your reference, after you consider the HK COS18 SCN total pay package ( not counting education allowances and the possibility of the 13th month which will return eventually ) I’m still paid less as a SCN on my Oz base at the end of the year.

So Cx could chose to disregard my legally enforceable contract ( which they only just happily signed onto in the EBA ) or they could make me redundant, cost them 6 months payout and lose an experienced commander BUT save no salary costs each year......why would they bother........

riddle me that Batman....