PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots
Old 21st Jun 2020, 08:56
Flyoveriraq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WYOMINGPILOT
Airlines do Not need to demonstrate they ceased operations, which in many cases they did as countries barred them from flying there. Force Majura is a long standing practice used by businesses and airlines. Northwest airlines used it during SARS and many have invoked it during 9/11 times. All you need to demonstrate are major economic impacts occurred outside of your control. COVID-19’s classification as a “pandemic” by the WHO will trigger a force majeure clause that expressly accounts for “pandemics.” That said, the declaration of pandemic standing alone—without a reference to pandemics in a force majeure clause. Recent governmental regulations intended to contain the COVID-19 outbreak may similarly make it easier to invoke a force majeure clause not previously triggered by the virus. Ever-expanding governmental restrictions on travel, movement, and large gatherings have resulted in significant business interruptions and widespread event and travel cancellations, with a particularly salient impact on the event, tourism, restaurant, airline, venue rental, and sports and entertainment sectors.
All correct. We all know what is happening around us. But the topic is different. It is about ethics and fare practices.

As we are talking about korean air and Asiana we can notice that the economic impact has actually been positive. Asiana was in deep financial burden well before this situation but it is well known that recently attracted big investors.
korean air...well 2018 and 2019 where the best financial years so far, in Q1 they lost some 40 $M, and in Q2 we all know they made a good profit thanks to cargo prices.

We are all aware of what is a contractor and the risk of losing a job.

what is discussed here is the way these companies are holding the fate of people without taking their responsabilities.
It is very easy to demonstrate that they have discriminated amongst the same group of contractors, and i can give you example for that.

IF A COMPANY DO NOT NEED THE SERVICES OF CONTRACTORS THEY CAN GIVE A SIMPLE NOTICE AND PAY THE DUE.
LIKE THIS THEY ARE PUTTING THE HANDS ON MY FAMILY SAVINGS, AND LETTING MY PROFESSIONAL LICENSES FADE AWAY.

I actually found another occupation and will never think of going back to these scammers.
To all those pilots asking me how was in korean air i’m just telling the truth, no need to invent any story, reality is already enough.