PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOC or no AOC
Thread: AOC or no AOC
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2020, 05:14
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
The "Screaming Skull" at a few Senate Hearings Quote ..." I say again ( u dumb senators) CAsA is NOT a commercial regulator.!
Utter BS of course...Just ask me !
Done TWICE for the same thing ,,photography both 206 and 2 7 d. As one Prosecutor said ( not under oath) "No person in Australia can take a photograph from an aircraft without a CPL and an AOC." !!
Utter BS of course ( then again Im not Dick Smith)
I used to have a photography business capturing images from my own aircraft but the above was wiped out.by CAsA aided and abetted by a competitor company. ( cronyisn and corruption )
The evidence in court was payment slips and invoices etc..the paperwork of commerce. ( Altho at a later date they denied they had ever collected that..to a Minister and polllies/ See.?.any old lies and BS will do. Their only nefarious "safety" argument in court was that PPLs do all the killing in GA !
And at that time there had been a rash of light chtr accidents in FNQ and 21 fatalies..ALL by CPLS !
So you can see where their attention to any "safety" priority really lies.

All the above posts just indicate what a sh*t show the whole CAsA regulatory maze/ nightmare/rubbish is.
What on earth (or being above it) has the 'commerce 'of photography got to do with safety.

CAsA have stated over the decades that they will do something about it as R. 206 is 'ultra vires'
the Act. But they never have. Cant be bothered.? Institutional sloth.? Or Keep it...its a good catch all.
The Loonies are still in charge of 16 Furzer st , so I can only wish those who snap pics, search for fishing boats, carry mates for shares etc etc all the best ,,,and fly safe.!
YOU are the final arbiter of your safety and that of others.