PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2020, 15:49
escaped.atco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I'm cynical, but I would guess the figures are being done with a number of permutations calculated to work out how many people can "leave the business". No doubt just as the Statutory Redundancy or whatever has been renegotiated comes into force then thats when the major cull will begin. As has been said before on this thread, the easiest target is T&Cs, I'm familiar with the natsags that have been more than generous to employees over the years, you only have to look at how the airlines are targeting pilots to have an indication of how this will soon filter through the ATC world. Its been some time since I've been in NATS HQ but always remember the "no expense spared" atmosphere and general luxury that existed there. Hundreds and hundreds of staff employed doing things that I would never dream of and yet they wouldn't know the difference in an A330 and a DH8. Will this continue while they chop ATCOs? Who knows!

As for moving it to the trash bin - I really don't think thats an option, unfortunately.