PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good jobs still exist in 2020
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2020, 13:36
Private jet

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, good jobs certainly do exist, I had a couple of them, well they suited me anyway. Always for private operators but not on standby 24/7/365, flying Chally 604's that were clean both technically and hygienically, and the jobs were never advertised in that cesspool of human crap termed the employment "market".

It should be understood though that these sort of jobs are rarely jobs "for life" and can come to quite an abrupt end too. So it's wise to make the most of it, and try to enjoy it at the time because it won't last forever. Also unless you are independently wealthy yourself then you should aim to bank and skillfully invest a high proportion of your earnings. I did, and it has been a very absorbing and "rewarding" hobby/sideline. Don't fritter away your earnings on fancy cars, women etc. it might seem like a good idea at the time but it's really not.... Also try to have a backup/secondary source of income. It can be very modest but it adds to the pot so to speak and it gets you out of the aviation "bubble" for a bit and back into the "real world" haha. Most jobs for private operators are effectively part-time, so there is a lot of opportunity to do this.