PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Korean Air and Asiana Airlines Pilots
Old 19th Jun 2020, 06:07
lee_apromise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyoveriraq
Nope, racism has got nothing to do with this, but Malpractices and extremely unfair attitude has....
just because you mentioned it: in all eu countries and many parts of the world unemployment support is available to aviation professional. WHERE THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE THE STANDARD NOTICE IS OFFERED TO EMPLOYEES, WHATEVER CONTRACT THEY ARE IN.

Simple as that, the sneaky and outrageous way of treating people and their family like garbage is now well known in the aviation industry, and it won’t be forgotten easily.

And btw you should get updated infos on the financial results of korean companies in this last Q2, you will be surprised....

The only delusional here appears to be you with your out of context comments....
Yeah, in Q2, KAL and OZ did better than expected due to their cargo growth, everybody knows that.

What I'm trying to say is, you guys are contractors, not permanent employees. You talk about unemployment assistance for aviation professionals. Tell me what kind of unemployment assistance local Korean pilots receive after EastarJet guys lost their jobs overnight. Nothing other than unemployment insurance benefits. Folks have become delivery drivers, laborers in construction sites, working in coffee shops and convenience stores.

The same goes to US pilots expecting to be furloughed on Oct 1st. A lot of folks are accepting the reality that they will have to drive trucks until they get recalled. The same for Canadian pilots who are on furlough as well.

You expect Korean companies to have foreigners on payroll whilst local pilots are losing jobs?

It's not me who is delusional, it's expats with sense of entitlements who are delusional.

Again, contractors are contractors, not permanent employees. Like BAe 146-100 said above, take it like the rest of the world.

You guys are not the only ones in financial burdens.

Last edited by lee_apromise; 19th Jun 2020 at 06:19.