PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 22:15
rudestuff

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by RedDragonFlyer
Are you sure about that?

https://www.iaa.ie/personnel-licensi...t-examinations
''At ATPL level, a pass in the theoretical knowledge examinations will be accepted for the grant of a CPL and/or an Instrument rating (IR) for a period of 36 months, counted from the end of the calendar month when a pass in all required examination papers was achieved. Provided that both a CPL and IR are granted within the aforementioned 36 month period, ATPL level examination results will be accepted for the grant of an ATPL for a period of seven years from the most recent validity date of the IR entered in the CPL.''

Yes, I have a PPL and class 1. I suppose I am quite lucky in some regards. The only money I have paid for upfront at the moment is for the ATPL theory which is pennies in comparison to other parts of training. I have no debt and have already saved up enough money through working to pay all the way through to MCC. For me personally, I've waited a fair while and waiting a few more years to finish at the ideal time is not a massive issue in the grand scheme of things.
The SEIR is the perfect placeholder. And cheap, too - the cost of doing the IRR twice effectively. Do that first, then a SE CPL course, and you'll have effectively 'saved' the exams.