PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 11:31
RedDragonFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harveyst
What amazes me is how these conversations ALWAYS descend in to name calling and arguing! People are genuinely looking for advice and help, common sense would say ‘go to a forum with pilots and ask them for assistance’. Give it a few days and it’s chaos.
I understand that people will have different ideas about the way to proceed with training and the effect of COVID on the industry. But let’s try and be mature, help each other out and be respectful to one another.
every thread is full to brim with ‘glossy brochure this’ and ‘mummy and daddy that’ with the odd splattering ‘You are an idiot if you don’t go modular’.
it’s not helpful.
rant over! Peace
Couldn't agree more! There are lots of slurs being thrown around in threads on this forum. I am sure people could be a bit more cordial - manners cost nothing after all.

Many people are in difficult situations. Take me for example. I am studying for my ATPLs at the moment and would have sat exams this month if it weren't for the cancellation of them. I'm in a real pickle with what to do. My current plan is to sit them as slowly as possible, probably stretching the exams out until next summer. Then to take a break and find a full-time job and see how the market looks after that. Only three years to get the CPL/IR after finishing the exams of course.
Another part of me is thinking that I should just give up now and start again when the market looks like it's picking up.

I don't think there is a right answer, and, TBH, I'd be a little scared to ask here in case someone describes me as an 'idiot' or 'out of my mind'. Nobody is against honest advice, but the way some people put it...